Logo sommerfugl

torsdag den 27. februar 2014

xkcd: Bridge - would you jump too?

No, you can't go.
-- But all my friends -
If all your friends jumped off a bridge,
would you jump too?
-- Oh jeez. Probably.
What!? Why!?
-- Because if all my friends did.
-- Think about it - which scenario is more likely:
-- Every single person I know,
-- many of them levelheaded and afraid of heights,
-- abruptly went crazy at exactly the same time...
-- ... or the bridge is on fire?
I, uh ... hmm.
-- Imagine reading this on CNN:
-- -- 'Many fled their vehicles and jumped from the bridge.
-- Those who stayed behind...'
-- Is something good about to happen to those people?
Maybe they'll find cookies?
-- OK, You stay. I'm jumping.

And it says a lot about you that when your friends jump
off a bridge en masse, your first thought is apparently
'my friends are all foolish and I won't be like them'
and not 'are my friends ok?'


0 comments:

Logo sommerfugl