Logo sommerfugl

søndag den 5. juni 2011

Before I die, I want to _______________!

Before I die, I want to ...

“Death can inspire life. Especially in New Orleans, on the corner of Marigny and Burgundy, where the Before I Die project has used the specter of urban decay and death to create art and inspire. Using a boarded up house as a canvas, artist Candy Chang transformed a haunting reminder of blight and divestment into a powerful affirmation of human life and imagination.” – Life and Times

Blighted house used for 'Before I die' art project

With help from old and new friends, Candy Chang turned the side of an abandoned house in her neighborhood in New Orleans into a giant chalkboard where residents can write on the wall and share what is important to them. Before I Die is an interactive public art project that transforms neglected spaces into constructive places where we can discover the hopes and aspirations of the people around us. Share your dreams, too...

Before I die - wall being used

Before I die I want to see Euthanasia legalized in all 50 states and have helped in making that happen (Hospice Nurse).

Candy Chang - It's good to be here
Candy Chang


0 comments:

Logo sommerfugl